Something Fishy
Fish talk and I have my weekend meal plan set!
Jakoi, the new Assamese restaurant in town offers some very nice fish dishes, as well as, other Assamese delicacies. Located at the Assam Bhawan on Sardar Patel Marg, this is one big difference from the mucky canteens other State guest houses have to offer. The Paradise group of hotels has opened this very well appointed restaurant and I am sure it will be a great draw in the days to come.
With no breakfast to begin the day, I was really HUNGRY and we arrived pretty early. One walks into this very pretty sit out with low tables and chairs. Some brightly painted trunks serve as tables too.
But its a hot and sultry day so we choose to move into the restaurant which is indeed very well appointed with a dining and lounge area and dim lighting. Pickles are on sale too - Bhut Jalokia (the most fiery pepper in the world) and Jackfruit and Olive Pickle! I promptly bought one of each.
The Menu was quite extensive with a number of Assamese delicacies. But I settled for an Assamese thali to get an idea of the cuisine to begin with. The manager was accommodating enough to exchange the chicken dish with a fish fry. A Fish Curry was already included. The thali arrived and everything looked so appetising. Minimum spices and definitely not overpowering in taste. It didn't take long to do justice to it all!
I had my fill as you can see and hit the sack for two hours after that :) Recommended for those who love good home cooked style food.
Labels: Food
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home